Friday, May 21, 2010

Wednesday, February 20, 1974

Twenty minutes to twelve midnight, some how sleep does not come to me - so I decided to get out of bed, and also do some writing in this book. It seems hard to get at writing.

Les is doing fine. He came home on the 13th, after a two week stay in the L.D.S. hospital. He is a good patient. The doctor called his heart attack - "acute myocardial Infarction",(whatever that is.) I pray it will not re-occur. Claire is home and doing as well as expected. It's hard for her to realize she has been through something so serious. The demands her family makes on her is almost overwhelming. She is coming here tomorrow for lunch, and will leave the children with us, while she goes to the doctor. We loaned the mercury to her, and I surely hope she has no problems getting it started tomorrow.

Marie left today to visit her parents in Idaho. They spent the day with us yesterday. Norman is coming out to spend the week-end with us. He & Les will enjoy their electrical project.

Millie & Moroni have been to Salt Lake with Mildred. She, Mildred is still suffering with back problems. This time up - Mildred said she had lost her eyesight at least temporarily. She says something seemed to explode in the back of her head, and caused a lot of pain. I hope the doctors ind out what is wrong with her. I've called the motel where Millie is staying. I got Moroni once, but the other time no one answered. They had checked out.

Audrie called me, and said her grandson Monta's Gregory, Had died Tuesday Feb 1974, after suffering so long with cancer of the blood. Leukemia. The sufferings of that child was a terrible ordeal for the whole family. I feel so sorry for them, He was about 13 years old.

Millie told us, Walt Thurston, Elda's husband had died recently, and also Glenna's husband Dale, Reldon's wife is still suffering with mental illness - I feel so sorry for him, also Varlin's wife who suffers from similar problems.

Les 7 I went down to Aunt Dee, while she was staying with her grandson's little girl.(Her folks were in Mexico for a vacation.) It was down in west Jordan somewhere. Aunt Dee seemed to be fine, but getting older. She really Misses Uncle Orrel. (Before Les's heart attack.)

Well I'm starting to feel sleepy, so guess I'd better gt back to be. Tomorrow is a big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment