Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday, March 28, 1974

Another one of those nights when it is hard to get to sleep. My back's been bothering me again the last two or three days.

We started our new semester in art class over at Hillcrest High. We had more than 15 register. It is so much fun to teach this class. I do have a few problems, but on the whole, it's a pretty nice experience for me.

Les bought me a nicer easle than the one I bought 10 years go. I am looking forward to using it, as I only got it this week.

Della is still very enthusiastic about the class, and she is really learning fast. She is my prize student, as well as a great friend.

Norm didn't come for the weekend, but he came out after Marie got home. He worked on the old stump we were trying to get rid of. Les had already dug & dug & dug on before he had the heart attack. It would no come out, and Les kept picking at it, until I offered Della's boy Scott five dollars if he would get it out. In a short time Scott & his older brother Clark came over & began digging. They worked three hours, just as hard as they could dig. Les got the truck we bought from Clell (just recently about March 1) and periodically pulled on the stump. Finally it gave and rolled out of the hole.

Today we picked up Claire and Kirk & Shannon and took them for a ride up East Canyon. We brought a lunch to take along. The road had been plowed out by a big outfit, and had piled snow on both sides of the road. Even though it was melting it still formed banks at least four feet high on each side. Little Kirk kept cautioning Les not to fall off the side into the deep canyon. We were all glad we had not been the ones who had to plow the snow off that road!

Clell & Ann dropped by in their "new" old truck. He had to spend money to get it running well, but seemed to be very happy with it.

I finally got the new chest of drawers all "antiqued" and ready to put the pulls on tomorrow. Glad it's done.

Les is getting along fine. We were both at the doctors Monday. Dr. Vincent said I must come back more often. At least every three months.

Well I'm going back to bed now, and see if I can go to sleep.

Oh, before I forget - the boys would not accept any money for digging the stump, so Les told them I would make them a pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment