Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Saturday August 17, 1974

It has been a hot and tiring day for me. Sometimes I feel as if I lived in a dream world. It’s hard for me to get about & do all the things I desire doing. We were all sent to bottle beets, and before we could get started - Erma Ruth, Aunt Stella, Evan’s daughter called, so we were off to meet her at Orin & Odessa’s place. We had a fine visit, then David, Orin’s youngest son offered us a ride with him to show Erma to the “This is the Place “ monument. There we parted, & then returned with David to Orins. They had luscious watermellon all prepared for us. It tasted so good to a diabetic gal who needed food. (David has just returned form a mission to West Germany.) He came on home with us and then he & Les went after the milk. He came back, and stayed for dinner. He seemed so thrilled with the Bear picture “Early Morning Fishermen”, Which I gave to him if he would pay for the canvas and put his own frame on it. It would be as a wedding gift to him. While we were at Widsoe we saw Audrie Ford & Devon. We were so sad to see her so ill. She has cancer of the brain & lungs. - - She said she’d lost all her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment